Liver Function Test
No fasting required.
Results in 24 hours following blood collection
The Liver function test consists of the following.
1. Total protein
3. Aspartate Aminotransferse (AST/SGOT)
4. Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT/SGPT)
5. Total Bilirubin
6. Indirect Bilirubin
1.If you never had a blood test evaluating your liver function
2. If you have been to areas of the world where infections of the liver with Hepatitis B and or Hepatitis C are common.
3. If you have a history of heavy alcohol use
4. If you previously used Intravenous drugs or had blood transfusion in the U.S. prior to 1992
5. If you were treated outside the U.S. and received a blood transfusion or any Intravenous medications and or injections.
6.Your doctor may also order this test as a part of a diagnostic evaluation and or routine check up.